Timeline of the 6th General Election of Ethiopia
(In chronological order from most recent to oldest)
- November 12-13, 2020: NEBE discussed draft regulations with political parties. The regulations on the table for discussion are candidate registration process, signatures and party election signs, campaigning conducts, international election observers registration and conduct regulations.[i]
- November 2, 2020: NEBE held a consultation platform with civil societies, media and political parties.[ii]
- October 30, 2020: NEBE proposed that the election be held in the last two weeks of May or the first two weeks of June 2021.[iii]
- October 26, 2020: NEBE discussed with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Peace, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Science and Higher Education and Central Statistics Authority regarding the upcoming general election.[iv]
- October 23, 2020: Political parties visited NEBE headquarter.[v]
- October 9, 2020: NEBE rendered a decision on the case of OLF.[vi]
- October 6, 2020: The House of Federation voted for the Federal government to sever any kind of relationship with the Tigray region state assembly and the region’s highest executive body.
- October 2, 2020: Members of media visited NEBE.[vii]
- September 28, 2020: Electoral Board Member Dr. Getahun Kassa resigned.
- September 22, 2020: The House of Representatives approved resolution No 16/2020 allowing the country to hold its general elections after hearing the assessment of the Ministry of Health. Parliament approval means the elections can go on with adherence to COVID-19 precautionary measures laid out by the Ministry of Health.
- September 9, 2020: Tigray Regional state held a regional election. Tigray People Liberation Front (TPLF) won 98.5% of the 190 seats for Tigray Regional Council.
- June 24, 2020: NEBE announced that based on the decision of the House of Representatives to extend the federal and regional councils’ power until general elections are held, the Board is unable to hold an election in the Tigray region. Furthermore, NEBE announced that based on Article 102 (1) of the constitution and proclamations 1133/2011 and 1162/2011 only the Board has the power to conduct elections in the country.[viii]
- June 12, 2020: Tigray government rejected the decision of the House of Representatives and vowed to hold the regional election. Furthermore, the Tigray government, TPLF requested for necessary support from NEBE to conduct its election in the Tigray region.[ix]
- June 10, 2020: The House of Federation extended the federal and regional councils’ power until general elections are held nine months to one year once the pandemic is determined as no longer posing a threat to public health. A total of 114 lawmakers voted in favor of the resolution, while four voted against and one absented.
- June 8, 2020: PM Abiy rejected the call for a transitional government.
- May 4, 2020: six political parties Oromo Liberation Front, Ogaden National Liberation Front, Oromo Federalist Congress, Agaw National Congress, Mocha Democratic Party, Kaffa Green Party, Arena Tigray for Democracy and Sovereignty (የኦሮሞ ነጻነት ግንባር; የኦጋዴን ብሔራዊ ነጻነት ግንባር; የኦሮሞ ፌዴራላዊ ኮንግረስ; የአገው ብሔራዊ ሸንጎ; የሞቻ ዲሞክራሲያዊ ፓርቲ; አረና ትግራይ ለሉዓላዊነትና ለዲሞክራሲ ፓርቲ; ከፋ አረንጓዴ ፓርቲ) call for negotiation on the transitional government as the 6th general election cannot be held as per the constitution.[x]
- March 31, 2020: NEBE announced the board is unable to conduct the election as the announced calendar due to restrictions caused by Covid-19.[xi]
- March 21, 2020: In the first week of March 2020, the Federal Supreme Court established benches at all levels of federal courts to handle disputes that arise in the upcoming election.[xii]
- March 14, 2020: NEBE provided training for federal judges on how to resolve electoral disputes.[xiii]
- March 14, 2020: NEBE announced the national electoral map[xiv]
- March 7, 2020: NEBE and the Federal Court held a conference on electoral conflict resolution.[xv]
- February 14, 2020: NEBE discussed with the stakeholders of the 6th general election. In this discussion, NEBE announced the planned election day, updates on the activities of NEBE and updates on the activities of the general election. Accordingly, NEBE announced the calendar of the 6th general election. According to NEBE, voter registration is planned for April 22 -May 21, 2020, candidates registration May 13-27, 2020, campaigning period May 29- August 24, 2020 election day August 29, 2020, and election result announcement August 30-September 8, 2020.[xvi]
- January 10, 2020: NEBE wrote a letter to the Ethiopian Immigration Office regarding Jawar Mohamed, who is a member of the Oromo Federalist Congress (OFC) party, citizenship.[xvii]
- January 6, 2020: NEBE approved political parties registration regulation.[xviii]
- January 4, 2020: the Oromo Federalist Congress (OFC), the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), and the Oromo National Party (ONP) agree to form “Coalition for Democratic Federalism” (“ትብብር ለዲሞራክራሲያዊ ፌዴራሊዝም” / Afan Oromo-“Gamtaa Dimokiraatawaa Federaalistii” (GAMTAA)).[xix]
- December 18, 2019: NEBE started procurement of voter registration documents and other equipment.[xx] Furthermore, NEBE drafted 20 regulations as per the new proclamation and based on the Sidama referendum planned to have 50,900 polling stations and between 250,000-300,000 electoral officers.[xxi]
- December 11, 2019: NEBE approved the formation of Prosperity Party. This party consists የኦሮሞ ዴሞክራቲክ ፓርቲ ( ኦዴፓ)፣ የደቡብ ኢትዮጵያ ህዝቦች ዴሞክራሲያዊ ንቅናቄ (ደኢህዴን)፣ የሃረሪ ብሔራዊ ሊግ (ሐብሊ)፣ አማራ ዴሞክራያዊ ፓርቲ ( አዴፓ) ፣ የኢትዮጵያ ሶማሌ ህዝቦች ዴሞክራሲያዊ ፓርቲ (ኢሶህዴፓ)፣ የአፋር ብሔራዊ ዴሞክራሲያዊ ፓርቲ (አብዴፓ) ፣ የጋምቤላ ህዝቦች አንድነት ፓርቲ (ጋህአዴን)፣ የቤኒሻንጉል ጉሙዝ ህዝቦች ዴሞክራሲያዊ ፓርቲ( ቤጉህዴፓ).[xxii]
- November 29, 2019: A planned discussion between NEBE and the political parties on the procedures of elections as per the proclamation ended without any discussion. The political parties wanted to first discuss the recently adopted proclamation on the election and political parties. They refused to discuss on the procedures before NEBE answers their request on the proclamation. On the other hand, NEBE stated that since the proclamation is already adopted by the House of Representatives it is out of its hands and power. Because of this disagreement, the meeting was dismissed within a few hours.[xxiii]
- October 31, 2019: NEBE announced that since the adaptation of the new proclamation Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct has been halted due to a lack of details and regulations on the procedures of political parties registration. According to NEBE, the new proclamation calls for drafting and adapting 39 new follow up regulations. NEBE hopes to finishes the process within the next two weeks and to start (re)registration.[xxiv]
- September 10, 2019: 65 political parties asked for the proclamation on Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct not to be implemented until some articles are edited. They stated that the new proclamation is against the right to assemble, to be elected and vote. They stated the approved proclamation consists of articles that were not presented during the consultation with political parties.[xxv]
- September 8-9, 2019: NEBE with USAID and International Election Foundation organized a symposium titled “National Election and Stakeholder of the Election” (አገራዊ ምርጫ እና የምርጫ ባለድርሻ አካላት). In this event, among other stallholders, H.E. Sahlework Zewde, the FDRE president was present. The president stated that since the owner of the election is the people, their wishes should be respected. Furthermore, the president said that for a country that aspires democracy, the only way to power should be through an election. Several experts presented different cases as a benchmark and on the last day of the event, all members of NEBE briefed participants on their duties and reforms taken to improve each sector of NEBE.[xxvi]
- September 4, 2019: NEBE briefed journalists on the recent claim of the opposition parties on the newly adopted Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation. According to Birtukan Mideksa, dialogues and discussions on the adopted proclamation were held three times and the claim of the opposition parties of not knowing the proclamation is a false claim.[xxvii]
- August 30, 2019: Opposition parties raised their discontent on the adopted the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation. They stated that the adopted proclamation fails to include the parties’ suggestions which were raised in the previous discussion platform.[xxviii]
- August 24, 2019: The House of Representatives adopted the proclamation of the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation (Proclamation No. 1162/2019)
- August 2, 2019: Political parties discussed on previously approved agendas. The planned agenda for discussion was on the draft article of support for political parties on the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation. However, some political parties insisted to discuss first on the referendum on Sidama regional status. This was not approved agenda as per the agreed procedure of dialogue on January 10, 2019. Nevertheless, it took several hours before they started discussing on the pre-agreed agenda of the day.[xxix]
- July 25, 2019: Public discussion on the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation.[xxx]
- July 18, 2019: The House of Representatives discussed on the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation.[xxxi]
- June 13, 2019: The House of People’s Representatives approved the appointment of four new board members of NEBE. These members are Bizuwork Ketete, Dr. Getahun Kassa, Abera Degefu, and Wubshet Ayele. Furthermore, the House of People’s Representatives appointed Wubshet Ayele as deputy chairperson of NEBE.
- May 9, 2019: Draft proclamation of the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation was presented to the House of Representatives.[xxxii]
- April 5, 2019: The House of Representatives approved the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia Establishment Proclamation (Proclamation No.1133/2019).
- March 14, 2019: 107 political parties signed a memorandum of understanding which regulates the activities of political parties and the relationship between the political parties.[xxxiii]
- February 22, 2019: 103 political parties approved 20 articles of a memorandum of understanding which regulates the activities of political parties and the relationship between the political parties.[xxxiv] The discussions in each article were very intensive. For instance, a discussion on four issues took more than 10 hours. The discussion was facilitated by the head of NEBE.
- February 6, 2019: Around 103 political parties discussed on a draft memorandum of understanding which aims to regulate the activities of political parties and the relationship between the political parties. The drafted consisted of 20 articles.[xxxv] Since some political raised issues which were not included on the approved Agenda, the discussion on the memorandum of understanding was mired with tense discussion on procedures.[xxxvi]
- January 12, 2019: The Ministerial Board approved the draft proclamation of the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia Establishment and forward it to the House of People’s Representatives.[xxxvii]
- January 9-10, 2019: Dialogue and Consultation among Ethiopian Political parties organized by NEBE, Ethiopian General Attorney and the Netherland Multiparty Democracy Institute. Around 70 political parties both registered and not registered (those who came back to Ethiopia after 2018 participated in this consultation). In this consultation, different researches focused on electoral rule and regulations, electoral dispute resolution, party registration and political parties ethics regulations.[xxxviii] Furthermore, they discussed further Election Dialogue Agendas. They have also discussed the procedures of the dialogue and who should facilitate the dialogue. The participating political parties put forward 32 agendas.[xxxix] At the end of the two days consultation, after a long discussion, the opposition political parties signed an electoral dialogue procedure which consists of 16 articles. [xl]
- November 27, 2018: Half-day discussion between PM Abiy and 81 opposition parties. The discussion focused on the reform and democratization process in the country.[xli]
- November 22, 2018: Birtukan Mideksa was appointed as the new chairperson of the elections board by the House of People’s Representatives.
[i] NEBE. November 13, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ቦርዱ ያወጣቸውን መመሪያዎች አስመልክቶ ከፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ጋር ለሁለት የተለያዩ ቀናት ያደረገውን ምክክር አጠናቀቀ
[ii] NEBE. November 3, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ለተከታታይ ቀናት ሲያደርገው የነበረው ምክክር ተጠናቀቀ፡፡
[iii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. October 30, 2020. በምርጫ ወቅት ሊኖር በሚገባው የኮቪድ 19 ጥንቃቄ ዙሪያ ምክክር ተካሄደ
[iv] NEBE. October 26, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ስለመጪው አገራዊ ምርጫ ከባለድርሻ አካላት ጋር ውይይት አካሄደ.
[v] NEBE. October 23, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ የምርጫ ኦፕሬሽን ዝግጅቱን እና የፓርቲዎች ማእከልን ለፓለቲካ ፓርቲ አመራር አባላት አስጎበኘ
[vi] NEBE. October 9, 2020. ኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ከኦሮሞ ነጻነት ግንባርን ( ኦነግ) አመራር አባላት የቀረበለትን አቤቱታዎች አስመልክቶ የሰጠው ውሳኔ
[vii] NEBE. October 2, 2020. ሚዲያዎች የብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ የምርጫ ዝግጅትን ዛሬ መስከረም 22 ቀን 2013 ዓ.ም ጎብኝተዋል.
[viii] NEBE. June 24, 2020. የትግራይ ክልል ምክር ቤት የክልል ምክር ቤት ምርጫ እንዲፈጸምለት ለቦርዱ ያቀረበውን ጥያቄ አስመልክቶ ከኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ የተሰጠ መግለጫ.
[ix] Addis Standard. June 12, 2020.
[x] News.et. May 5, 2020. ሰባት ፓርቲዎች ከምርጫ ጋር በተያያዘ ድርድር ጠየቁ
[xi] NEBE. March 31, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ የኮሮና ቫይረስ ወረርሽኝ የምርጫ 2012 ኦፕሬሽን እቅድ እና የጊዜ ሰሌዳ ላይ የፈጠረውን ችግር ገምግሞ ያሳለፈው ውሳኔ መግለጫ.
[xii] Gelila Samuel. March 21, 2020. Supreme Court Establishes Electoral Benches. Addis Fortune.
[xiii] NEBE. March 14, 2020a. በምርጫ ሂደት የሚነሱ አለመግባባቶችና ክርክሮች አፈታት ላይ ለፌደራልና ለክልል ፍርድ ቤት ዳኞች ሥልጠና ተሰጠ
[xiv] NEBE. March 14, 2020b. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ የምርጫ ክልል ካርታን መጋቢት 05 ቀን 2012 ዓ.ም. ይፋ አድርጓል
[xv] NEBE. March 7, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ እና የፌዴራል ጠቅላይ ፍርድ ቤት በምርጫ ጊዜ የሚነሱ አለመግባባቶችና ክርክሮች አፈታትን በማስመልከት አውደ ጥናት አያካሄዱ
[xvi] NEBE. February 14, 2020a. የመጪው ምርጫ የሚካሄደው ነሃሴ 23 ቀን 2012 ዓ.ም መሆኑን ዛሬ የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ይፋ አድርጓል፡፡
NEBE. February 14, 2020b. የኢትዮጲያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ባለድርሻ አባላት ኮንፈረንስ – የካቲት 06 ቀን 2012 ዓ.ም
NEBE. February 18, 2020. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች የምዝገባ ሂደት እና ቦርዱ የሰራቸው ስራዎች.
[xvii] NEBE. February 12, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ኦፌኮን አስመልክቶ ለኢሚግሬሽን፣ ዜግነትና ወሳኝ ኩነት ኤጀንሲ የላከው ደብዳቤ
[xviii] NEBE. January 6, 2020. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ በቦርዱ ተመዝግበው የሚገኙ የአገር አቀፍና የክልል ፓርቲዎች (በአዋጅ ቁ. 1162/2011 መሠረት) ማሟላት ያሉባቸው ግዴታዎች መመርያ አጸደቀ
[xix] Addis Standard. January 4, 2020. OFC, OLF and ONP agree to form “Coalition for Democratic Federalism”
[xx] NEBE. December 18, 2019. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ለቀጣዮ አገር አቀፍ ምርጫ የመራጮች ምዝገባ ሰነዶች ህትመትና የቁሳቁሶች ግዥ ጀመረ፡፡
[xxi] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. December 24, 2019. የ2012 ጠቅላላ ሀገራዊ ምርጫን ለማከናውን ዝግጅት እያደረገ መሆኑን ቦርዱ ገለፀ
Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation. December 26, 2019. የምርጫ 2012 ዝግጅት በተመለከተ ከምርጫ ቦርድ ሰብሳቢ ወ/ሪት ብርቱካን ሚዴቅሳ ጋር የተደረገ ቃለመጠይቅ
[xxii] NEBE. December 25, 2019. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ በፓርቲዎች ምዝገባ ጥያቄዎች ዙሪያ የተለያዩ ውሳኔዎችን አሳለፈ፡፡
[xxiii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. November 29, 2019. ምርጫ ቦርድ ከፓርቲዎች ጋር ሲያካሂድ የነበረው ውይይት ባለመግባባት ተበተነ
[xxiv] Fana Television. October 31, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ምዝገባ መቋረጥ
[xxv] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. September 10, 2019. በቅርቡ በህዝብ ተወካዮች ምክር ቤት የጸደቀው የምርጫና የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ህግ ማስተካከያ ሳይደረግበት ስራ ላይ እንዳይውል ተጠየቀ.
[xxvi] NEBE. October 11, 2019. የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድ ከመስከረም 27- 28 ያደረገው የሁለት ቀን አለምአቀፍ ጉባኤ ተጠናቀቀ ::
Office of the President, Ethiopia. October 8, 2019. በአንድ ሀገር በሚደረግ የምርጫ ሂደት ውስጥ የዜጎች ፍላጎት ከፍተኛ ትኩረት ሊሰጠው እንደሚገባ ፕሬዝደንት ሣህለ ወርቅ ዘውዴ ተናገሩ፡፡
[xxvii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. September 4, 2029. የፓለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ቅሬታ ያቀረቡበት የምርጫና የፓለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ህግ አስፈላጊው ውይይት ተካሂዶበታል- ምርጫ ቦርድ
[xxviii] Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation. August 30, 2019. በቅርቡ የፀደቀው የምርጫ ፣የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች እና የስነ ምግባር ደንብ አዋጅ የመከርንባቸውን ጉዳዮች ያላካተተ ነው: – ተፎካካሪ የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች
[xxix] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. August 2, 2019. ተፎካካሪ ፓርቲዎች ቀደም ሲል ባስቀመጧቸው የመጀመሪያ አጀንዳዎች ላይ ተወያዩ
[xxx] NEBE. July 25, 2019. በአዲሱ የምርጫና እና የፓለቲካ ፓርቲዎች አዋጅ ላይ ለህዝባዊ ውይይት ተደረገ.
[xxxi] NEBE. July 19, 2019. ኢትዮጵያ የምርጫ እና የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ሕግ ረቂቅ አዋጅ ለተወካዮች ምክር ቤት የህግ ፍትህ እና ዴሞክራሲ ጉዳዮች ቋሚ ኮሚቴ ቀርቦ ውይይት ተደረገበት፡፡
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. July 18, 2019. የኢትዮጵያ ምርጫና የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ህግ.
[xxxii] Yohanes Anberber. July 7, 2019. ሲጠበቅ የነበረው የምርጫና የፖለቲካ ፓርቲ ምዝገባ አዋጅ ለፓርላማ ቀረበ. Ethiopian Reporter.
[xxxiii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. March 14, 2019. የፓለቲካ ፓርቲዎች የጋራ አሰራር የቃል ኪዳን ስነድ ፈረሙ
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. March 14, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች በቃል ኪዳን ሰነዱ ፊርማ ስነስርዓት ወቅት ያስተላለፉት መልዕክት
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. March 14, 2019. ጠ/ሚ ዶ/ር አብይ አህመድ በቃል ኪዳን ሰነዱ ፊርማ ስነስርዓት ወቅት ያስተላለፉት መልዕክት
[xxxiv] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. February 22, 2019. የፖለቲካ የፓርቲዎችን ግንኙነት የሚገዛው ቃል ኪዳን ሰነድ ጸደቀ.
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. February 22, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ውይይት.
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. February 22, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎችን ግንኙነት የሚገዛው የቃል ኪዳን ሰነድ ጸደቀ.
[xxxv] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. February 6, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች በመካከላቸው የሚኖር ግንኙነት እና የተናጠል እንቅስቃሴን የሚገዛ የአሰራር ስርዓት ረቂቅ ቃል ኪዳን ላይ እየተወያዩ ነው.
Deutsche Well (DW). February 6, 2019. የምርጫ ቦርድ እና የተቃዋሚዎች ውይይት.
[xxxvi] Nuamin Ashenafi. February 10, 2019. ተቃዋሚ ፓርቲዎች በሚያደርጉት ውይይት የሚሰክኑት መቼ ነው? Ethiopian Reporter.
[xxxvii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. January 12, 2019. የሚኒስትሮች ምክር ቤት የብሔራዊ ምርጫ ቦርድን ለማቋቋም በቀረበው ረቂቅ አዋጅ ላይ ውሳኔ አሳለፈ.
[xxxviii] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. January 9, 2019. ተፎካካሪ የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች በምርጫ ህግና ስርዓቶች ዙሪያ ያደረጉት ውይይት. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/fanabroadcasting/videos/2215652985360771
Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation. January 10, 2019. ተፎካካሪ የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ሊፈተሹ ይገባቸዋል ያሏቸውን የመወያያ አጀንዳዎች አቀረቡ. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/EBCzena/posts/2297062866992243
[xxxix] Fana Broadcasting Corporates. January 10, 2019. በፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎችና ድርጅቶች መካከል ለሚደረገው ውይይትና ድርድር 32 አጀንዳዎች ቀረቡ. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/fanabroadcasting/posts/2069521909805204
[xl] NEBE. January 11, 2019. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/ethionewsflash/posts/1116778618492069
Fana Broadcasting Corporates. January 10, 2019. በፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎችና ድርጅቶች መካከል የተደረገ ውይይት. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=saved&v=1355149301330520
Nuamin Ashenafi. January 16, 2019. የፖለቲካ ፓርቲዎች ውይይትና ድርድር የሚመራበት ረቂቅ ደንብ ፀደቀ. Ethiopian Reporter.
[xli] ENA. November 27, 2018. PM Abiy Confers with 81 Political Parties.